Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ser-u-pe!


I partook in a small adventure today. One of the culinary type. So far, for the short time that I have been here, I have heard tale of a certain little dish called Ser-u-pe. After, hearing all the hype and growing in my excitement, i finally had the fabled dish. During our latest visit with KakAram, we ordered Ser-u-pe. Twenty or so minutes later, a man arrived with five bowls for all of us in the shop. The soupy concoction consisted of a little sheep brain, tongue, and feet. Now I know this might sound unusual, but after timidly tasting the first spoonful, i realized, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Kurds know what they’re doing when it comes to food. They can even make sheep brain and feet taste delicious. The grellowish brothy soup along with their flavorful tortilla type bread is definitely an experience worth having, and I’m proud to say that I have.

Much love,

Preston

2 comments:

  1. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! THAT SOUNDS SO NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T THINK I COULD EAT THAT!!!!!!

    LOVE YOUR BROTHER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am convinced you could even eat MY cooking!! We missed you so much at the beach- you are in my prayers each day--Ms. Sandy

    ReplyDelete